Online Program Compliant Process by State


Alabama Commission on Higher Education
100 North Union Street, Suite 782
Montgomery, AL 36104

Student Complaint Information: 

Alabama Licensure Complaints


Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505
(907) 465-6741

Alaska Licensure Complaints


Arizona SARA Council
(480) 517-8226

Complaint Process


“Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board certification does not constitute an endorsement of any institution, course or degree program. Such certification merely indicates that minimum standards have been met under the rules and regulations of institutional certification as defined in Arkansas Code 6-61- 301.”
“The student should be aware that these degree programs may not transfer. The transfer of course/degree credit is determined by the receiving institution.”

Arkansas Department of Higher Education
114 East Capitol Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
(501) 371-2000

Arkansas Licensure Complaints

Email ADHE


California Department of Consumer Affairs: Consumer Information Center
1625 North Market Blvd. Suite N-112
Sacramento, California 95834
(833) 942-1120

Complaint Process

Email California BPPE


Colorado Department of Higher Education
1600 Broadway, Suite 2200
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 862-3001

Colorado Licensure Complaints


Connecticut Office of Higher Education
450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 707
Hartford, CT 06105-2326
(860) 947-1800

Complaint Process


Delaware Higher Education Office
Townsend Building
401 Federal St #2
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 735-4120

Complaint form

District of Columbia

Office of the State Superintendent of Education: Higher Education Licensure Commission
1050 First Street, NE 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 727-6436 

Complaint Process


Florida Commission on Independent Education
325 W. Gaines Street Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400

Email Florida CIE


Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084
(770) 414-3300

Complaint Form and Process


Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP)
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs
PO Box 541
Honolulu, Hawaii  96809
(808) 586-7327
Complaint Process


Office of the State Board of Education
Attn: Private Colleges and Proprietary Schools
650 West State Street, Suite 307
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037
(208) 332-2770

Complaint Process


Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333
Springfield, IL 62701-1377
(217) 557-7359

Illinois Licensure Complaints


Indiana Commission for Higher Education (CHE)
Indiana Board for Proprietary Education
101 W. Ohio Street, Suite 670
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1984
(317) 464-4400

Indiana Licensure Complaints

Email Indiana CHE


Iowa College Student Aid Commission
430 East Grand Ave., FL 3
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 725-3413

Complaint Form


Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson St., Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-8388

Complaint Process

Complaint Form


Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr #320
Frankfort, KY 40601-7512
(502) 573-1555

Kentucky Licensure Complaints

Email Kentucky CPE


Louisiana Board of Regents
P.O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821
(225) 242-4253

Complaint Process

Complaint Form


Maine Department of Education
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
(207) 624-6644

Complaint Process 


Maryland Department of Education
Associate Director for Private Career Schools
Planning and Academic Affairs
Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
(800) 974-0203

Maryland Licensure Complaints

Institutions are subject to investigation of complaints by the Maryland Office of the Attorney General or the Maryland Higher Education Commission.


Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place, RM. 1401
Boston, MA 02108

Complaint Process 


State of Michigan
Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
Administrative Services Section-Complaint Intake
P.O. Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909

Michigan Licensure Complaints


Georgetown University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.

Registration & Licensing
Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
(800) 657-3866

Minnesota Licensure Complaints

Email Minnesota OHE


Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
(601) 432-6647
Complaint Process


Missouri Department of Higher Education
205 Jefferson Street
P.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469
(573) 751-2361

Complaint Process


Montana Board of Regents, Office of Commissioner of Higher Education
Montana University System
2500 E. Broadway Street
P.O. Box 203201
Helena, MT 59620-3201
(406) 444-6570

Montana Licensure Complaints


Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
(402) 471-2847

Complaint Process


Nevada System of Higher Education: Commission on Post Secondary Education
8778 South Maryland Parkway, Suite 115
Las Vegas, NV 89123
(702) 486-7330

Nevada Complaint

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301-3860
(603) 271-3494

Complaint Process

New Jersey

New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
P.O. Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625
(800) 792-8670

New Jersey Licensure Complaints

New Mexico

New Mexico Higher Education Department
2044 Galisteo St, Suite 4
Santa Fe, NM 87505
(505) 476-8400

Complaint Process

New York

New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
89 Washington Avenue: EBA Room 960
Albany, NY 12234
(518) 474-1551

Complaint Process 

North Carolina

C/O SARA North Carolina
PO Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
(855) 727-2162

Complaint Process

North Dakota

North Dakota University System
2000 44th St. SW, Suite 301
Fargo, ND 58103

Complaint Process


Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 466-6000

Ohio Licensure Complaints


Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 Research Parkway Suite 200
P.O. Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
(405) 225-9154

Oklahoma Complaint Process


Higher Education Coordinating Commission
255 Capitol St NE, Third Floor
Salem, OR 97301

Complaint Process


Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
((717) 783-6788

Pennsylvania Complaint Process

Puerto Rico

Government of Puerto Rico
PO Box 19900
San Juan PR 0910-1900
(787) 722-2121

Reciprocity Agreement 

Rhode Island

Rhode Island Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner
560 Jefferson Boulevard, Suite 100
Warwick, RI 02886
(401) 736-1100

Rhode Island SARA

South Carolina

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 737-2260

South Carolina SARA

South Dakota

South Dakota Board of Regents
306 E. Capitol Ave., Suite 200
Pierre, SD 57501-2545
(605) 773-3455

South Dakota SARA


Tennessee Higher Education Commission & Student Assistance Corporation
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243
(615) 741-3605

Complaint Process


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
1200 E. Anderson Lane
Austin, Texas 78778-0001
(512) 427-6101

Texas SARA


Utah System of Higher Education
Board of Regents Building
The Gateway
60 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101



Vermont Agency of Education
219 North Main Street, Suite 402
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 479-1030

Complaint Process

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Camille McKalyle, PHD
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
University of the Virgin Islands
(340) 693-1200


State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14th St, 9th Floor
James Monroe Building
Richmond, VA 23219
(804) 371-2285

Virginia Licensure Complaints


Georgetown University is authorized by the Washington Higher Education Coordinating Board (HECB) and meets the requirements and educational standards established for degree-granting institutions under the Degree-Granting Institutions Act. This authorization is subject to periodic review and authorizes Georgetown University to offer clinical training within the following degree program: Master of Science in Nursing. Authorization by HECB does not carry with it an endorsement by the board of the institution or its programs. Any persons desiring information about the requirements of the act or applicability of those requirements to the institution may contact the HECB at P.O. Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504- 3430.

Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way SW
Olympia, WA 98502
(360) 753-7800

Washington Licensure Complaints

Email Washington SAC

West Virginia

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd E., Ste 700
Charleston WV 25301-2800

West Virginia Licensure Complaints


Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
431 Charmany Drive, Suite 102
Madison, WI 53719
(608) 266-1996

Wisconsin Licensure Complaints


Wyoming Community Colleges
2300 Capitol Avenue 5th Fl. Ste. B
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0060

Wyoming SARA

Code of Ethical Conduct

Georgetown University Compliance Helpline

Jack the Bulldog in a Georgetown striped shirt
The Georgetown University Compliance Helpline is a safe, and anonymous if desired, way to report problems or raise questions or concerns. To access the Helpline, click on Jack or call 888-239-9181